Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gluten-Free Bloggers


Thank goodness for the internet. It is hard to imagine what celiacs pre-internet did for new recipes. Yes, I know there are bookstores and libraries and doctors but there is something about being inspired by other gluten-free blogs out there in the world.

I have a few that I follow and check in on regularly. The first one the Gluten Free Girl and Chef was introduced to me by a non-celiac cousin. She mentioned the delicious recipes and great posts as a source of food inspiration gluten-free or not. As soon as I was diagnosed, I quickly ordered a copy of the book Gluten-Free Girl: How I learned to love the food that loves me back...and how you can too by Shawna James Ahern. The book is fabulous, funny, inspirational and will shake your depressed, life changed butt into the kitchen. Shawna and her chef husband, Danny, are coming out with a cookbook in September. Needless to say, I CANNOT wait!

Check out Shawna's blog at http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com

Another great blog is the Celiac Teen which follows avid teen baker Lauren through adventures of adapting recipes. I have made some of the desserts and WOW, they are delicious.

Check out Lauren's blog at http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com

The gluten-free goddess is another fantastic blog and Karina encourages other gluten-free bloggers to post the image above to definite their blogs. The layout is fantastic and there are tons of recipes to appeal to all members of the family not just those with celiac.

Hope these help you on your gluten-free journey. I know when I'm feeling uninspired in the kitchen, I check out some of my favourite blogs and then I feel okay (and yes, that is a Sound of Music reference).

Happy Cooking and Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment