Friday, March 26, 2010

foreign adventures in gluten-free food



A hard part about cooking with restrictions is staying motivated and inspired. I'm not sure if it is the same for people who choose dietary restrictions but being forced, for health reasons, to eat a certain way can be difficult. Sometimes you just want to order take out and eat with the 'regular' folk.

In Seattle, you can enjoy being one of the regular folk.

Romios Pizza & Pasta is fantastic with the longest gluten-free menu I have ever seen. The owner is gluten-free and believes everyone deserves hot, fresh pizza, pasta and tasty garlic bread. I'm not sure I have ever been that happy in a restaurant - before or after diagnosis.

The garlic bread was so fantastic that even the non-celiacs in the group couldn't tell the difference. The pizza options were amazing and I am already thinking about what I will have next time.

If you live in Washington state or British Columbia, it is definitely worth the trip. The two local bakeries only a few blocks away also carry gluten-free options.

Romios Pizza & Pasta
8523 Greenwood Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98103
www.romiospizza.com

No comments:

Post a Comment